Friday, June 8, 2007

Du Yun, John Mannion, and Jeremy Nissan

This weekend I'll be up in Purchase, NY recording a New Music type ensemble. The piece is composed by Du Yun with John Mannion and Jeremy Nissan (both of Accretion Disk) accompanying. Here is some info sent to me by Du Yun about the piece:

Du Yun: ampflied Chinese zither (one out to the amp, unprocessed; one
out to John's mixer, processed), vocal

John Mannion: laptop (live electronics) - mostly low frequencies and
live process my zither sound;

Jeremy Nissan: a couple pedal-processors; one frequency generator; one
low tomtom and one suspended cymbal

Pretty fucking cool, right?
Yeah! So they are going down to Guanajuato, Mexico this October to play the Festival Internacional Cervantino which has been around for 35 years, and showcases music, dance, film, theater, and visual arts from all over the globe. Pretty neat. Might like to go... I don't think I'll make it down there, though. hmm

Well, I'm pretty psyced! I guess this is the first official thing happening! Check in for an update and some details on the piece and the recording! Yes!

In the words of Du Yun,
Cyber-Salute!!

1 comment:

Eff Gwazdor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.